It's Tender Loving Cuisine's mission to provide nutritious, delicious and convenient meals to those who need a helping hand. We operate with passion and integrity and create meals that are of the highest quality. That's why were proud to be a registered provider for The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), who share the same ideals and high standards that we value in our business.
Carbohydrates and the Glycaemic Index -Monday, 21 September 2020
Diabetes is a widely researched and increasing illness around the world especially in western countries. People who are not insulin dependent are discovering that by altering their dietary intake they are better able to manage their blood sugar levels. Altering diet reduces symptoms such as excessive thirst, frequent urination, low energy, circulatory problems, and excess weight and for some a reduction in blood pressure. Food provides fuel for our body in the form of fat, protein and carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body's preferred fuel source. The glycaemic index (GI) is a way to rate carbohydrates according to how quickly they are absorbed and raise the glucose level of the blood. It has replaced classifying carbohydrates as either 'simple' or 'complex'.
Make careful selections. If you have intolerances pay attention to the descriptions on the menu. When ordering home delivered meals it is a great idea to read the labels of the ingredients used. A reputable company will list all the components of the ingredients used on the label. If you have allergies and intolerances you can improve your chances of getting high quality food by making wise choices about what to eat and what to order.
Salt & Your Health -Monday, 21 September 2020
PROFESSOR BRUCE NEAL Chair of Vascular Epidemiology and Prevention Medicine, The George Institute for Global Health has been quoted as saying: ?Three quarters of the salt in the average Australians? diet will come from processed foods, particularly breads, breakfast cereals, cheeses and processed meats. About ten percent is salt added at the time of cooking and about ten percent is salt added at the table. The salt that people add at the table or while they?re cooking is only a very small proportion ? probably about 20 percent of their daily salt intake ? the other 80 percent comes from processed foods and that?s what we have to target if we?re going to get high salt counts out of the Australian diet.? It is also the aim of TLC to assist those in the community to reduce their salt intake by keeping their meals as unprocessed and as fresh as they can be from their kitchen to your table.
Gluten Intolerance -Monday, 21 September 2020
Coeliac disease is a chronic intestinal disorder caused by a digestive intolerance to the protein, gluten. A common misconception is that someone who is intolerant to gluten automatically has coeliac disease which is incorrect. Many people test positive with few or minor symptoms, and for these people, avoidance is just as important in overall disease prevention.
Tender Loving Cuisine - A Success Story -Monday, 21 September 2020
Small, proud and successful businesses are the back bone of our rich economy. These businesses are usually started with the passion of one person, to provide a service that is as unique as it is a necessity. Elements for success include the vision to create a product that is needed in the community along with high standards of customer service and high levels of communication between departments and the many people required to manage them.
Southern Cross Care (Vic) is holding the official blessing and opening of their new Eastern Region Office. It will feature a blessing ceremony conducted by the Very Reverend Father Tony Kerin PP EV.
IF YOU'RE UNDER DOCTOR'S ORDER -Monday, 21 September 2020
TRY Tender Loving Cuisine
A healthier meal in minutes with added TLC When Frank Burke's mother, a distinguished lady in her eighties, wasn't enjoying her meal delivery service, Frank went looking for a healthy, delicious alternative.
A Healthier & Happy Christmas from TLC -Monday, 21 September 2020
For those readers who just need a break or just don't feel like cooking this Christmas, then Tender Loving Cuisine may be your solution.